China Clay is also called "KAOLINE", it is one of the essential Raw material for Ceramic Industries, China Clay does not swell on adding water & Alumina present in Clay do not form Isomorphous series with any other metallic compound.
China Clay is a naturally hydrated Aluminum Silicate. It is one of the most abundantly available clay in the Earth's crust. A large variety of china clay is mined all over India. China Clay is the heart of potteries, tiles, ceramics, and many other industries.
- As extender and filler in Paints, Paper, Detergents, Bakelite Powder and in Rubber industries etc.
- China Clay is the heart of several industries like potteries, tiles, ceramics, glass and others.
- Paints China Clay is used in wide varieties of paints like distemper, cement primer, wood primer, emulsion paint, texture coating, spray plaster, putties, fillers and undercoats.
- Paper It is used in varieties of papers, cardboards, hard boards and others
- Plastic It is used as a filler in combination with others to impart strength and smoothness.
- Electrical Industry It is used for electrical insulation, high voltage insulation compounds electrical wires.
- Cosmetic & Soap China Clay is used in toothpaste, cosmetic and soap industry.
Chemical Composition of China Clay Powder
- Chemical Formula : Al2O3 , 2SiO2, 2H2O
Results of Analysis Percent
- Silica SiO2 49.03
- Alumina Al2O3 32.22
- Ferric Oxide Fe2O3 0.85
- Titanium Oxide TiO2 1.34
- Manganese Oxide MnO Nil
- Magnesium Oxide MgO 0.65
- Calcium Oxide CaO 1.36
- Sodium Oxide Na2O 0.64
- Potassium Oxide K2O 0.34
- Loss on ignition LOI 13.55
- Acid Soluble Matter 4.97
- PH of 10% Solution 8.32
- Specific Gravity 2.52
- Whiteness by reflection compared with MgO taken as 100 % 87.00
- Material retained on 300 mesh BS sieve (wet) 1.00
- Material retained on 400 mesh BS sieve (wet) 3.2
- Bulk density 0.52 gms/ml